The Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Charcoal Smoker is among the leading charcoal smokers known in the market today. It is readily available in different countries and has features.
Charcoal and wood-fueled smokers are of premium-standards and are extremely popular with backyard chefs. The taste they create is top-notch, and you get to play with fire. Who could ask for more?
Cooking tender, delicious, and meat full of flavor can be done better when using a charcoal smoker. However, it is a good-to-know that smoking is a bit different from grilling in that the goal is to cook the meat with indirect heat.
Setting up the charcoal is important as well as adding water to help keep the meat moist. Additionally, making adjustments while the meat cooks ensure that the temperature of the smoker stays in the right spot, which is about 220®F and not higher than 250®F.
Choosing the right charcoal smoker should be meticulously done especially if you’re the type of person who enjoys smoked meat or beef dishes. Careful considerations must be done to achieve the right quality of cooking you always wanted.
Weber 721001 smokey mountain 18-inch charcoal smoker review, one of the most distinct models in the Weber coal collection and therefore just belongs to a particular client.
Weber Smokey is produced for seasoned Roasters that want to challenge themselves worldwide in smoke food preparation. Smoked charcoal gives meat or fish an indescribable preference.
Buying Guide Contents
Features of Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18-Inch Charcoal Smoker
Weber smokey mountain 18 review
- Brand: Weber
- Sold By: Amazon.com
- Material: Steel
- Power Source: charcoal
- Product Dimensions: 21 x 19 x 41 inches
- Item Weight: 39.1 pounds
Weber 18-inch Smokey Mountain Cooker, Charcoal Smoker
- Material Type: Steel
- The Weber Smokey Mountain charcoal smoker helps you achieve an authentic smokehouse flavor at home
- It can accommodate a whole turkey and an entire ham at the same time. Item weight- 39.1 pounds
- Made of porcelain-enameled steel, this smoker comes with 2 nickel-plated 18-1/2-inch-wide cooking grates
- Includes a water pan, thermometer, individual vents on bowl and lid, and heat-resistant nylon handle
It has a rust-resistant aluminum heat shield.
We all know that choosing the right quality is always the number one consideration when you buy anything, and for smokers, rust is one of the major problems that diminish the quality of the product. Thankfully, you don’t have to worry about it with Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Charcoal Smoker.
It is made out of porcelain-enameled steel plus a nylon handle that is heat-resistant.
It has two nickel-plated 18.5-inch wide cooking grates for a pretty sum of 481 sq. inches.
Imagine a wide-range charcoal smoker that can cook more than two slabs of steak at a time; there will be less hassle waiting and more time for eating.
It has a water pan, built-in thermometer, vents on the lid and bowl, and a storage cover.
These features make smoking food much more convenient. The water pan creates an indirect cooking environment—it serves as a barrier between the heat and the meat.
It also catches the meat dripping which would otherwise hit the coals and cause it to flare up creating an awful bunt taste of grilled meat. The built-in thermometer helps you monitor the right temperature, making it possible to achieve a safe, tender, juicy, and flavorful food.
The two individual vents balance the temperature when cooking your food; the one at the bottom acts as a crude regulator and the one at the top is used for fine-tuning.
Lastly, the storage cover protects the charcoal smoker from possible unwanted particles or dirt that may cause the breakage of the whole material. Usually, charcoal smokers were left outside the house which is why it is important to have it protected with storage covers.
Comparison weber smokey mountain 18 vs pellet grill
The Camp Chef Woodwind Pellet Grill with Sear Box is a popular charcoal smoker, which is comparable to the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker popular for its high price and great reputation. People buy this smoker because of its known brand, as well as for its smart smoke technology.
Camp Chef PG24MZG SmokePro Slide Smoker with Fold Down Front Shelf Wood Pellet Grill, Pack of 1, Black
- SLIDE AND GRILL- grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, and barbecue with Premium wood-fired flavor on a single grill. Digital control, best of both Worlds, use the meat probe to check the internal temperature or toggle the grill temp with the push of a button
- NEW PID CONTROLLER- Gen 2 PID Controller 1-10 Smoke Setting (Not WIFI Compatible)
- EASY ASH CLEANOUT- cleaning between cooks is as easy as pulling a lever, thanks to the exclusive ash cleanout system You won’t find on any other grill. That means less time wrestling with the vacuum and more time enjoying heavenly food
- EASY ASSEMBLY and start up- check out the walk-through assembly video on camp chef site, so you can get cooking right away. In just a few minutes, you’ll be ready to load up the grill with whole chickens, Brisket, ribs, jerky, & more
- FOLDING FRONT SHELF- comes with full sized folding shelf PGFS24 $74 MSRP
It basically has everything the Smokey Mountain Cooker Charcoal Smoker has, except its hefty price tag. It is very expensive, to think that you can also enjoy the same perks with one that’s as high quality but is more budget-friendly.
If you’re after its features but are conscious about your budget, go for the Smokey Mountain cooker. You’ll have a field day with your favorite grilled food but will spend way lesser.
Weber 14-inch Smokey Mountain Cooker, Charcoal Smoker
- Your purchase includes: One Weber 14-inch Smokey Mountain Cooker, Charcoal Smoker + Cover
- Item overall dimensions: 14.7" W x 14.7" D x 31.4" H. Item weight: 24 lbs
- Cooking Grid Dimensions 13 1/2 X 13 1/2". Main Grilling Area 143 Sq. Inches. Total Grilling Area 286 Sq. Inches
- Easy assembly required, instructions avaialable in User Guide attachment.
- Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker reaches approximadetely 190°F inside temperature
Camp Chef’s also take up too much space, which could be a bummer when you’re having a lot of guests at your barbecue party.
Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18-Inch Charcoal Smoker, exhibits the ideal charcoal smoker that most people would want when it comes to buying one for their home.
There may be little snips and slips, but it is highly recommended for its high quality and durability.
It is still a better choice than all the others with the same features, for you also get to have the same perks without having to break the bank.
Despite its weight being heavier than other portable models, it remains to be a better choice because of its heavy-duty finish and high-quality material.
From its good quality cooking, portable size, and rust-resistant quality, this charcoal smoker is the one you would want to have at home—achieving that juicy, smoky, and tender meat that will satisfy one’s appetite has never been this easy.
Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Charcoal Smoker can surely last for longer years if properly used and taken care of.